Company Overview The Natural Resource Governance Institute (NRGI) is a nonprofit policy institute and grant-making organization that promotes the responsible management of oil, gas and mineral resources for the benefit of all. Improving natural resource governance is one of the most significant development challenges of the decade and will determine the future of 1 billion people globally who live in scarcity in the midst of resource abundance. Countries with non-renewable resource wealth face both a challenge and an opportunity when used poorly or squandered, non-renewable resource wealth can cause economic instability, social conflict, and lasting environmental impacts; used well, they can create prosperity for current and future generations. NRGI is a recognized leader in the field of natural resource governance, helping people to realize the benefits of their countries endowments of oil, gas, and minerals in order to build a more stable and sustainable future. For more information, please visit www.resourcegovernance.org. Job Summary NRGI has a staff of nearly 100, supporting our global advocacy and regional programs in more than 15 countries. NRGI has registered offices in New York, Accra, Beirut, Dar es Salaam, Jakarta, Lima and London, and additional colleagues working in Azerbaijan, Bolivia, Cameroon, DRC, Guinea, Hungary, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nigeria, Uganda, Tunisia, and As a complex and dispersed organization, support services which include finance, IT, and human resources serve shared resources to our colleagues globally providing a strong operational backbone that is key to our impact on the ground and to advancing our mission. Responsibilities and Duties The organization is seeking an energetic, motivated solo practitioner to lead information communications and technology for NRGI globally and ensure that the operations of the department are in alignment with the needs of the organization. This is a management level position reporting to the CFO, with responsibility for ensuring the continuity of computing services for all end users through effective planning, technical leadership, training, and project coordination. The IT Manager will proactively manage all of NRGI global IT systems, infrastructure, and applications development initiatives. S/he will pro-actively collaborate with users across all geographies where we work to understand requirements and support needs and recommend appropriate solutions. This role will also work to ensure all systems are optimized and that users are fully equipped with the training and knowledge to work effectively within the NRGI IT environment. This position includes the following responsibilities: ERP implementation & Finance Planning system: NetSuite & Adaptive Insights optimization Support and expand existing system functionality for NetSuite and Adaptive in order to optimize the work of the Finance team. communicate with the Finance team to understand their business processes; customize and configure systems accordingly. Provide ongoing recommendations, training and updates to end users on best practices including advanced reporting and searching assistance; develop dashboards and reports on both NetSuite and Adaptive; integrate NetSuite with Adaptive, Namely,JazzHR and other external applications; Manage changes to both the NetSuite Sandbox and production environments and provide assistance to users during testing. Help Desk: Perform day-to-day administration of systems and provide help-desk assistance to users, troubleshoot and quickly resolve issues with systems and integration elements as they arise; ensure new staff are fully on-boarded in the use of our systems; testing and modifying systems to ensure that they operate reliably. Data Management: Manage and support data imports, data cleansing, deduplication, optimization, and data maintenance efforts. Manage any changes to fields, workflows roles/permissions, page layouts, custom objects, custom record types, reports, and dashboards; document and maintain system-level customizations of forms, custom code, and documentation for any release enhancements and upgrades. CRM: Salesforce Implementation: Act as BRM for internal clients,implementation lead, and administrator of the Salesforce database, including modification of page layouts, building reports, dashboards and workflows; create automation and manage data; oversee security and user access; manage standard and custom objects; conduct new Salesforce application testing and implementation; serve as primary contact for all Salesforce reporting requests including support of metrics and reporting, and helps develop marketing campaigns, and others as requested; Continually cleanse the database ensuring data accuracy; identify production risks and areas for improvement; prioritize designs and facilitate successful implementation and adoption of new processes. New Application Support: Lead needs analysis of new applications with administrative and program teams and implement applications within NRGIs IT infrastructure. This includes developing use cases, mapping functionality, interfacing with colleagues internationally and owning the project plan. Servers and Websites: Monitor health of web servers and websites including malware, traffic, load balancing, and other resources; Manage and maintain Apache virtual hosts, MySQL database on Ubuntu; Manage and maintain all NRGI domain names; troubleshoot and monitor NRGI main website (Drupal) and other internal online applications; manage server backup, websites backup and database backup; perform restore from backups for servers, websites, and databases. Project development and management: Assists in the planning, design, documentation and implementation of various systems including desktop PCs, servers, network equipment, and software applications; Work with all departments, understand and identify their needs, provide technical support and recommendations for their projects; lead and manage development of internal tools and off-the-shelf applications; develop and lead the execution of testing plans, including any on-site and cloud testing as needed; develop and lead the execution of go-live activation plans, including onsite and on-call support; develop and deliver training as needed General IT Systems Support: Provide leadership and support for all IT services/systems including office 365, Box, MailChimp, Survey monkey, Symantec Endpoint Protection, video conferencing, Slack, databases, and other internal cloud-based tools/applications. Manage and provide guidance to third-party IT support vendors including telecom, Internet, copier, hardware/software, network, mobile phone, and IT managed service providers. Monitor, support, and maintain network and applications security for all desktops, servers, printers, phone systems, and network (i.e., service packs, software updates, user changes, upgrades, etc.). Make recommendations for upgrades, changes, and enhancements for all systems. Provide top-tier support for the entire global population in liaison with IT vendors and/or local office administration. Troubleshoot problems reported by users. Assist in the organization and inventory of all hardware and software resources. Provide emergency on-call support and other duties as assigned. Key Working Relationships Position Reports to: CFO Position directly supervises: Various consultants Indirect Reporting: None External: Consultants and vendors Department: Support Services Team *Position interacts with all management teams across the organization Qualifications and Skills Required Knowledge and Experience 3-5 years of previous experience as an IT Manager Experience with implementation of information systems development, applications, and cloud technologies Experience in supporting financial accounting, customer management, and CRM automation software Experience with cloud-based applications (SaaS), IaaS and the AWS environment Familiarity with IaaS concepts, understanding of fundamentals of version control and Git Experience with NetSuite, Adaptive, Salesforce and Box is an advantage Comfortable with UNIX systems, especially Linux operating systems and scripting Familiarity with container ecosystems such as Docker, Shippable, GitHub and build automation and orchestration tools and comfortable interfacing on DevOps issues Experience with LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL/MongoDB, PHP/Python/Perl) and frameworks AngularJS, CodeIgniter, Nodejs, Laravel, Bootstrap etc. Ability to work with users across numerous time zones Ability to balance technical skills with business savvy to transform end-user needs into technical and functional requirements Experience in employee training and development Excellent customer support skills; including experience working in a globally diverse and geographically dispersed organization Ability to form strong relationships both internally and externally Desired, Skills and Abilities Distributed Ledger Technology Business Continuity Management Experience with Cyber Security Experience with Drupal and WordPress is a plus Experience implementing or developing an effective IT strategy Highly organized with excellent time and project management skills Demonstrated experience in managing and prioritizing competing demands Resourceful, proactive problem solver, self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership and accountability Ability to cultivate and maintain strong relationships remotely Excellent oral and written communications skills Excellent attention to detail Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to work creatively in a problem-solving environment Education Bachelors degree in computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent experience Certification as IT Technician (e.g., CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional) Alignment with NRGI Culture and Mission: All staff uphold the following organization-wide culture and values: Commitment to furthering NRGIs mission and core values of integrity, intellectual rigor, respect for evidence, innovation, strategic selectivity, and independence. Demonstrated ability to be a professional, productive member of a diverse community of people at work, working toward shared goals, with mutual respect and accountability in a fast-paced environment. Personal qualities of capacity for learning, reflection and self-criticism, humility and sense of humor. **Location: Flexible. This selected candidate must have the ability to legally work in one of NRGI’s registered offices without visa sponsorship ( Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Tanzania, United Kingdom, United States)*** The responsibilities of this role are subject to modifications as required by the needs of the organization. Working Environment: Full-time position, official hours are from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; flexibility required when extended hours are needed to meet deliverables. NRGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NRGI considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the following position on our USAID-funded Control and Elimination Program for Neglected Tropical Diseases (CEP-NTD). Project Summary The CEP-NTD program is a global USAID-funded, 5-year, multi-million-dollar program intended to support disease-endemic countries to control and/or eliminate NTDs with proven, cost-effective public health interventions to treat and measure treatment impact against seven NTDs: lymphatic filariasis, blinding trachoma, onchocerciasis, schistosomiasis, and three intestinal worms known as soil-transmitted helminths. Building on the successes that have been achieved through previous USAID investments to expand national, integrated NTD programs, CEP-NTD will continue to support countries in their advancement towards global elimination goals, and to support countries to effectively access and leverage the drug donations needed to control the NTDs that cannot be eliminated with current strategies Position Summary Broadly the Program Manager plans, executes, and finalizes project’s activities according to strict deadlines and within budget. He/she manages and defines the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout the completion of the project(s) life cycle. Creates work plans based on goals/ targets and implement evidence-based interventions in one or more multi-sector areas. The Program Manager and his/her team will be based in Accra, Ghana at the NTD Program Office. Key Responsibilities Performs the role of leader and supervisor of the FHI 360 CEP-NTD team that works with the Ministry of Health (MOH)/Ghana Health Service (GHS) NTD Program. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities for CEP-NTD to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Reviews plans to determine scheduling, budget, procedures, staffing, and allotment of resources needed for a sound execution. Develops NTD program planning, coordination and implementation including impact assessments as spelt out in the NTD Program work plans and all its program of activities in close collaboration with the appropriate structures within the MOH. This should be in conformity with existing national and WHO protocols and guidelines. Establishes, serves and maintains partnerships with internal and external stakeholders on project matters. Manages the NTD Program to ensure the necessary commodities and logistic arrangements are in place for all program implementation activities including impact assessments. Manages the timely reporting of all program activities through the USAID workbooks, narrative reports and activity reports as spelt out in subawards and as required by the program. This should include semi-annual reports (SARs), which are to be prepared as a collaborative effort between the FHI 360 NTD team and the MOH NTD Program for submission to the CEP-NTD regional hub upon approval by the NTD Program Manager, and any other NTD Program reports. Oversees the NTD Program to identify and report potential program threats (SAEs, drugs preemption, stock-outs, etc.) to the appropriate quarters in a timely manner upon approval from the MOH NTD Program Manager. Works with the M&E Officer, and the Finance Officer and coordinates the support they provide to the NTD Program to ensure the support provided is appropriate. Leads the NTD Program in effective data collection and management for all targeted NTDs including performance monitoring. Works with the CEP-NTD Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Director and Knowledge Management Advisor to document best practices and lessons learned. Minimum Requirement At least a Master’s degree or its equivalent in public health, epidemiology, social sciences or other related field A minimum of 8+ years of project management experience. Preferable on infectious diseases programs with emphasis on NTDs. Demonstrated experience in multi-sector project management and implementation. Demonstrated strategic planning, staff development and capacity building experience. Demonstrated talent management, strategic planning, performance management, staff development, and capacity building experience. Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and national/international in scope. Experience working with government entities, such as the MOH/GHS. Excellent management and interpersonal skills. Strong ability to plan, organize, prioritize work, and multi-task to meet tight deadlines. High degree of judgment, maturity, ingenuity and originality to interpret strategy, analyze, develop and present work results, and monitor and evaluate the implementation of programs. Experience working in a non-governmental organization (NGO). This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time. FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself. Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal. FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Note: This is a Fixed Term appointment for a minimum of one year (renewable) and it is based in Accra.
You are expected to achieve the following key results:
• Provide overall administrative and secretarial support to the programme unit.
• Screen and log incoming correspondence and distributes to the relevant staff. Reviews correspondence and follows up on urgent and important responses. Drafts responses to correspondences when appropriate.
• Schedule meetings for the Deputy Representative and Assistant Representative and maintains their calendars.
• Draft and type routine correspondence, reports, briefs, and other documentation. Assists in the preparation of legal documents such as LoUs and MoUs.
• Maintain a central filing system for the programme unit in accordance with established classification systems. Files all correspondence in the programmes unit. Updates inventory of files in the CO and informs staff members accordingly.
• Support the drafting and finalisation of CPs, CPAP, AWPs and budgets.
• Responds to calls and other requests from IPs, government agencies, UN agencies, etc. Where technical assistance is needed, all calls are referred to the focal points.
• Support and participate in the organisation of population-related events (such as WPD). Prepares invitations to UNFPA events to all relevant attendees (government agencies, ministries, departments, NGOs, CSO and other implementing agencies).
• Organize and provide logistical support to meetings, conferences and workshops for the programme unit and implementing agencies; initiates and coordinates the preparation of the agenda and necessary documentation; and provides secretarial support during the meetings, conferences and workshops (such as minute taking).
People Management & Leadership:
• Coach new staff in the programme unit on day-to-day administrative procedures in the unit.
• Follows up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of reports to the Deputy Representative and Assistant Representative.
.• Monitors programme staff attendance; and ensures the timely communication of staff absences in the office to management.
Qualification Required and Experience
• Diploma or equivalent in secretarial studies, administration or any other relevant field.
• Having a first degree in a relevant field would be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in a similar position in a public or private sector organisation. • Minimum of 1-2 years working with an UN agency or international institution. • Knowledge of the United Nations systems and procedures would be an advantage.
• Fluency in oral and written English.
Your Computer Skills:
• Expertise in current office software applications.
• Proficiency in Atlas, PeopleSoft, and other computerized applications used by the UN.
4.0 - 60 reviews
4.0 - 22 reviews
This position is responsible for managing all local computer technology and services in the Hotel which can include, but is not limited to: networks, hardware, operating systems, anti-virus, internet access and all related systems, office automation and email systems, departmental systems for front office, back office, sales & catering, personnel, spa, and other network based software supporting these systems; network security and compliance; where not the responsibility of the Engineering department, cabling, access control system, voice and guest technologies.
The role will be responsible for management of the IT staff in the hotel.
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
- First point of contact for all computer related issues within the hotel.
- Solve technical or operational problems as reported by the users.
- Ensure that equipment is in proper working order and application performance is optimized.
- Ensure that all 24/7 systems (i.e. front office, point of sale, email and internet) are monitored and that technical service is available any time.
- Ensure that backups are performed and checked on a regular basis.
- Ensure that hotel network, systems and data is secured from unwanted intrusion and in line with stated Kempinski standards and rules and regulations given by law.
- Ensure that IT contingency systems for all key business areas are in proper working order and that staff are trained in the switching to, and use of, these contingency systems.
- Follow Kempinski policies as they relate to the security and operation of the computer systems.
- Ensure that the IT organizational requirements for legal, data protection and PCI compliance are in place.
- Update all computer systems with the latest security patches to minimize internal and external access security risks.
- Train and maintain back-up staff for each server-based application.
- Ensure first level support backup is in place for all systems and network.
- In cooperation with all other department heads; design and implement new computer based procedures that will improve profitability, operations and work efficiencies.
- Coordinate the installation of all new applications or upgrades of existing applications.
- Coordinate and review all new software development specific to the hotel, in accordance to Kempinski policies and standards.
- Implement all corporate IT related policies and procedures, carry out an annual self audit.
- Provide advice to better expedite access and improve the use of information in the Hotel.
- Take direction from the Corporate IT department as it relates to the technical operation of computer technology hardware and software.
- Communicate status, risks and opportunities as it relates to IT to Corporate & Regional IT, General Manager and Hotel Management.
- Responsible for communication with computer vendors and Kempinski Corporate IT Department.
- Responsible for timely preparation and submission of all IT budgets.
- Responsible for the management and control of all IT budgets according to an agreed plan and budget.
- Ensure a business continuity plan is established and tested together with the department heads for all part of the business supported by IT.
- Maximize employee productivity and morale within the department and consistently maintain discipline within hotel guidelines and local regulations.
- Schedule employees in line with varying business levels in order to maximize productivity and minimize payroll costs.
- Select and recruit suitable employees for the department using prescribed set of policies and procedures.
- Identify employees with potential for promotion and/or transfer and makes appropriate development plans for him/her together Director of Human Resources.
- Work within all pre-set budgetary limits.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills and Responsibilities
- Diploma/Degree in Computer Networking
- Preferably, combination of a company position involved with Hotel systems configuration and administration and working knowledge in service industry operations. Any combination equivalent to experience that provides the required skill and knowledge is qualifying. Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar size 5 star property in a similar capacity is preferred.
- Planning & organizational skills
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
A french company specialized in the production of insect-based feed needs an administrator for its new prodution unit in Tema.Candidate must have a degree in Business Management with 3-5 years experience in similar role, preferably in a manufacturing company. Must be able to speak French. Duties: Assisting the managing director as needed with all projects and duties Handling administrative functions within the Company Offering assistance to other managerial staff (based in France) within the company Ensure follow up on both supply and sales such as:
- Producing order confirmation
- Follow up on inventory twice a year
- Checking volume/quantity of delivery
- Gathering and checking financial document such as quotation, invoice, credit note…
- Gathering and checking logistic document such delivery note
- Terminating employees when necessary
- Ensure all mandatory document, medical check-up …. are done
- Providing contract to new employees
- Creating weekly or monthly schedules for employees
- Planning department events
- Participating in strategic planning with the managing director
- Creating a budget for the department and maintaining it throughout the year to ensure spending is within set limits
- Tracking department expenditures and identifying problem areas or opportunities for improvement
- Giving presentations to employees to educate them on new initiatives, procedures, or projects
- Offering assistance to other managerial staff within the company
A multinational service company has vacancy for dynamic people to join its winning team in providing its servicing to clients as: Trade Analyst Job Summary The successful candidate will among other duties be expected to perform the following roles • Ensures correct and timely processing of cases related to the Renovo services • Provides product classification opinion following the HS code system by using all available references submitted by the parties involved • Liaises with affiliate and contract management offices to get additional information required to get additional information required during processing of files • Attends to operational concerns regarding RENOVO related shipments, such as but not limited to • Registration of goods into the Renovo platform, taking into consideration the proper process according to the goods condition as: Brand new, used or waste • When warranted, provide guidance to those concerned regarding the process of securing the necessary permits (at the countries of export and import) of shipping waste goods as per international regional and local rules, e.g. Basel Convention, etc • Attends any client request for support related to the application or the process Qualification Required & Experience The suitable candidate must possess: • University Degree or Equivalent professional qualification engineering course is preferred • Knowledgeable in identifying electrotechnical products • Experience in import / export business • Proven fair knowledge on customs classification • Accounting notions required • Fluent in English and French Location: Accra How to Apply For the Job Applications and CVs together with relevant supporting documents should be forwarded to the Human Resources Office or send to: firstname.lastname@example.org Closing Date: 07 October, 2018