To provide appropriate finanacial advice ad undertake related accounts. Establishes financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analysing, verifying and reporting financial information.. Provide and interpret financial information Monitor and interpret cash flows and predicting future trends Develop financial performance by measuring and analyzing result. Initiating corrrective actions; minimizing the impact of variance. Report finanacial status by developing forecast; reporting results ; analyzing variances and developing improvement. Analyze, change and advise accordingly Formulating Strategic and long Term business plans Research and report on factors influencing business performance Analyze competitors and business trends.
Access etc Budgeting and familiarity with general accepted accounting principles Knowledge in Accounting software and Database systems and accounting application Extensive knowledge of Microsoft word CPA Knowledge in Finance Excel ICA MBA in Business Administration(accounting option) and Professional accounting Qualification: ACCA Taxation
A financial institution in Brong Ahafo Region seeks to fill the under-mentioned post with highly motivated and result-oriented individuals: Microfinance Officer
1) Process all invoice requests through appropriate systems. 2) Prepare banking documentation for all transactions. 3) Management of Petty Cash for internal office. 4) Assist with completing month end journals and bank reconciliations. 5) Provide support to the Finance Director & Accountants to ensure the timely and accurate completion of all finance and accounting tasks. 6) Prepare and post relevant journals into the financial system. 7) Maintain constant review of processes and procedures and identify, recommend and implement improvements. 8) Assist other staff as required, and provide a back up support or job coverage for team members during staff leave of absence. 9) Undertake other duties in line with assigned position.
A reputable company requires the services of Senior Accountant with experience in Construction. Responsibilities:
- Manage Accounting processes and bookkeeping
- Manage Payments and relationships to the banks
Manage cashflow reports Perform cost base accounting Manage a finance team Must understand finance budgeting process etc
A financial institution in Brong Ahafo Region seeks to fill the under-mentioned post with highly motivated and result-oriented individuals: Deputy Microfinance Co-ordinator
A reputable company requires the services of Senior Accountant with experience in Construction.
- Manage Accounting processes and bookkeeping
- Manage Payments and relationships to the banks
Duties: Lead financial and administrative support functions of the project following USAID and Winrock policies and procedures, including tracking and reporting monthly field expenses, procurement, and logistical support for volunteers and staff. Work to be performed:
- Maintain the general ledger and coordinate the preparation of monthly balance and reconciliation of project accounts;
- Ensure the safe, efficient, and transparent handling of all accounting and cash transactions;
- Maintain cash books and other financial records;
- Maintain deposit and check register;
- Prepare the monthly bank reconciliation;
- Prepare and submit monthly financial reports following USAID and Winrock policies and procedures;
- Ensure that all supporting documentation is prepared and filed according to Winrock procedures;
- Prepare and submit monthly projections;
- Coordinate and oversee procurement and financial transactions;
- Prepare, submit and file staff and local consultants? contracts following USAID and Winrock policies and procedures as well as Ghanaian Labor Law;
- Manage payment of salaries and benefits to staff, including updating staff leave records, and ensuring that the project complies with Ghanaian laws regarding employment, taxation, and other relevant issues;
- Prepare procurement documents for goods purchased, including seeking bids, drafting the purchase order, and liaising with HQ as necessary;
- Complete payments of vendors and other services or goods in accordance with USAID and Winrock policies and procedures;
- Oversee activities including purchasing, shipping and transportation, inventory, warehousing, and delivery.
- Lead office administration duties, including overseeing agreement with security and cleaning service providers, liaise with landlord on rent agreement and payments, and service of utilities and internet.
- Support volunteer logistics as needed, including hotel reservation and payments, vetting and payment to additional vendors (e.g., contract drivers or translators if needed), or other tasks as needed.
- Follows up on outstanding travel advances
- Reports all problems with financial administration and compliance without delay
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
3 weeks ago
The person will be responsible for running and managing the full financial function of the company, including the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. • Ensuring the cost-effective use of all financial resources and setting and controlling operational and capital budgets, working with the CEO • Ensuring that monthly management reports are delivered to the CEO and Board in a timely manner and agreed format • Ensuring accurate financial reporting, tracking, budgeting, and forecasting • Analyze and evaluate the company’s financial performance and strategic position • Maintain and manage the internal financial processes, controls and systems at all operating locations including sales • Maintain the asset registry • Maintain good standing and productive relations with government agencies • Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions • Oversee financial department employees, including financial assistants and accountants • Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary • Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement • Risk analysis and minimisation • Research and analyse financial reports and market trends • Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in longterm and short-term decision making • Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes • Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company • Oversee payroll processing
Job Description Managing financial agreements with CSO, especially local subsidies Ensuring smooth and correct administrational handling, spending of finances and financial reporting of CSO who have received a financing agreement from GIZ in the frame of the PMD Monitoring of and reporting on dministrational handling of financing agreements to procurement team at GIZ office and PMD Ensuring smooth collaboration between PMD project team and procurement team at GIZ country office Ensuring selected CSO and their projects are projects have a sound financial set-up B Advises the PMD project team, especially the CSO focal point in administrational check-up on CSO proposals for funding Supports CSO in nonadministrative and financial issues of their project and to this end, conducts check-ups and visits to CSO Checks financial plans and spending on a regular basis Sets up and operated a monitoring and reporting tool on administrational handling of financing agreements through CSO Reports to PMD project team and procurement team at GIZ country office, provides both units with relevant information
A minimum of MBA or similar At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software email fax ideally a knowledge of German willingness to up-skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management phone the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office) Ideally experience in nonadministrative handling of financing agreements and/or nonadministrative work in a CSO Very good knowledge of English
We are a dynamic, ambitious and growing university community. We offer a friendly working environment and are committed to developing:
- An excellent student academic and social experience;
- Students’ employability and enterprise skills;
- World-class academic staff, with strong links with industry;
- Research activities in collaboration with other higher education institutions in Ghana and elsewhere.
- We are looking to appoint an outstanding candidate for Lectureship position in the following areas;
- Accounting & Finance
- Computer Science(particular expertise in software design, database, Human Computer Interaction would be advantageous)
- Strategic Management & Marketing
- Law (particular expertise in Environmental law, Law of Natural Resources would be advantageous)
- Politics and International Relations
- To contribute to the teaching commitments of the Department by carrying out:
- Teaching, examining, and administrative duties on undergraduate and masters programmes, within the Department and as required;
- Contribute to the curriculum development and the design of individual courses offered by the Department;
- Supervision of project dissertations undertaken by students;
- To engage in research and scholarly activity in Law and associated areas;
- To contribute regularly to Departmental seminars, discussion groups and collaborative research groups;
- To contribute to the Department’s academic and pastoral care of its students and to the enhancement of their learning, personal development and achievement;
- To participate fully in Department Committees and running of the department;
- To contribute as appropriate to programme management and related activities;
- To develop and maintain links with relevant professional bodies and academic groupings;
- To support the marketing activities of the Department as appropriate, for instance;
- Law department (Law Week, Law Colloquium; Open Days, etc.)
- Business Studies department( Business week)
- Computer Science (Hackathon
- To contribute to the development of the interface with external organisations;
- Provide cover for colleagues on leave where necessary;
- Undertake other duties as required.
An emerging record of research experience in areas advertised as evidenced by a record of publications comparative to the position and career history curriculum development and quality assurance Experience of module design Experience of teaching in Higher Education (both undergraduate and postgraduate) Experience or good understanding of the issues involved in transnational education Have expert knowledge Relevant PhD in the roles advertised or near completion with references – a supporting statement that this is the case would suffice teaching and applied research interests in lectureship roles advertised using pedagogical research to develop the learning experience
Role Purpose: Providing general management and operational oversight for the financial function so that financial transactions, policies, and procedures meet the organization’s short and long-term business objectives and are conducted in accordance with regulations, accounting principles and standards. Key Responsibilities:
- Lead the implementation of accounting processes, policies & procedures and systems to international standards and in line with Company SOP (Standard Operation Procedures).
- Budgeting and cost control management. Solely accountable for cost control and operational expenses. Advise management on strategies to minimize cost.
- Maintain fixed asset register and supplier payments for fixed asset and capital items.
- Manage and oversee external and internal audits including group operations and ensure all audit actions are closed in a pragmatic manner.
- Lead the procurement team to draft contracts and Service Level Agreements for engaging vendors and suppliers.
- Oversee the procurement function of the business (Inventory management/stores/purchases/ suppliers relationship management).
- Manage the Cash Operations (cash flow) of the Head of office including branch office operations within the company guidelines.
- Provide report to executive members on the financial position of the business by close of each financial year.
- Work closely with other area Directors on process improvement and communication flow.
- Oversea the branch Income and Expense statement prepared on a quarterly basis and circulated to all Managing Committee members for their review, comments and follow-up on further actions and to ensure they are all closed completely.
- Manage the Balance Sheet and Income Statement Accounts and reconciliation thereof.
- Manage Accounts Receivables and Payables within the company guidelines.
- Oversea the preparation and administration cooperate tax returns and ensuring compliance to applicable statutory requirements.
- Work closely with the HR management team to set-up a development and appraisal system aim to ensure retention of good performing staffs.
- Other management administrative activities (for example management committee member, disciplinary committee member, advise on hiring of key personnel, procurement review board member)