The CEP-NTD program is a global USAID-funded, 5-year, multi-million-dollar program intended to support disease-endemic countries to control and/or eliminate NTDs with proven, cost-effective public health interventions to treat and measure treatment impact against seven NTDs: lymphatic filariasis, blinding trachoma, onchocerciasis, schistosomiasis, and three intestinal worms known as soil-transmitted helminths. Building on the successes that have been achieved through previous USAID investments to expand national, integrated NTD programs, CEP-NTD will continue to support countries in their advancement towards global elimination goals, and to support countries to effectively access and leverage the drug donations needed to control the NTDs that cannot be eliminated with current strategies
The Finance Officer will provide support for the Finance function, with an emphasis on diversified accounts payable for the CEP-NTD project, and also provides operational support to the Neglected Tropical Diseases Program (NTDP) of the Ghana Health Service.
· Designs and maintains a finance tracking system and ensures that all documents are maintained according to program standards and policies.
· Reviews program semiannual reports (SARs), Sub-grantee Financial Reports (SFRs), and Accruals from grantees to ensure compliance against program activities and contracts; including processing of SFRs in Sub-award tracking (SAT) system of FHI360.
· Supports the development project reports (annual work plan and budgets, semiannual progress report, quarterly financial reports, trip reports) according to FHI360 and USAID requirements.
· Provides assistance and support to the finance hub in Accra to implement FHI’s regional projects and perform other related duties as assigned.
· Coordinates issuing of travel advance and travel expenses to the project team.
· Coordinates and maintains accurate payment procedures whiles determining propriety and accuracy of all expenditures.
· Reviews and analyzes pending expenditures for appropriate action, and ensures smooth and timely flow of all expenditures related to reports and audit documentations.
1. A bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent in Finance, accounting or related field, or part professional qualification (ACCA/ICA/CIMA/CPA)
2. At least 3 – 5 years of relevant professional experience. Experience with USAID or other donor-funded projects is desirable
3. Familiarity with an automated accounting environment and the use of database spreadsheets.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here