Our Social Marketing Project is designed to strengthen health services related to Family Planning (FP), Maternal and Child Health (MCH), Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) among others with a focus on managing distribution and marketing of health products in Ghana. The broad objective of the current project is to support the Government of Ghana to improve the health status of its population through a variety of Social Marketing, Social Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) as well as Provider Behavior Change Communication (PBCC) interventions that can be sustained over time. The project focuses primarily on addressing the family planning needs of Ghanaian women and men by deploying a robust distribution strategy and supporting it with innovative interventions to ensure that the last mile is covered. The demand side is also addressed through SBCC campaigns which focuses on the individuals’ desire to use modern contraceptives to avoid unintended pregnancies. In addition, the Social Marketing platform is being leveraged for other high impact health products such as Water Purification tablets, Safe and affordable Toilets, and potentially other health promoting products.
Our operations today are becoming more global in nature and would include product lines beyond where we began under the Project. In line with our product portfolio expansion strategy, we are seeking to acquire license to import, export and distribute locally, pharmaceutical products in other health areas.
The objective is to register, and obtain import, export, wholesale and distribution of pharmaceutical products license from Pharmacy Council of Ghana and Food and Drugs Authority for the organisation.
Scope of work
The work will cover the following:
- Develop a process plan with time schedule indicating expected receipt of the license
- Lead the process of registration application, and processing of documents with all relevant stakeholders to obtain the license
- Lead the process of annual renewals of certification
- Lead the process of inspection of the organisation’s facilities by relevant stakeholders towards the granting of license
- Make reasonable contacts with relevant stakeholders throughout the process to ensure timely receipt of license
- Lead in other regulatory issues as and when they fall due between the organisation and regulatory bodies in the sector
- May be called upon to offer technical advice to the organisation pertaining to its pharmaceutical business where necessary
Produce a valid Pharmacy Council license, and FDA certificate which permits the organisation to import, export, wholesale and distribute pharmaceutical products in Ghana.